Thousands of Sikhs may not be able to go to Pakistan to visit Kartarpur Corridor since the neighboring country set up the passport as a precondition for entry. Pilgrims without their passports are left with no choice but to see Kartarpur Sahib gurdwara from the “viewpoint”, the place where they have seen the Sikh tomb since the last seven decades.
General Instructions for Pilgrims
- All Pilgrims who propose to visit Sri Kartarpur Sahib in district Narowal, Pakistan may register here in advance.
- Applicant is required to register himself/herself in advance of proposed date of travel.
- Registration does not confer a right to travel.
- Applicants who are granted permission may be informed only 4 days before proposed date of travel. Therefore, Applicants should make their travel arrangements in advance.
- Pilgrims will go in the morning and shall have to return the same day.
- Pilgrims shall be allowed to visit only Sri Kartarpur Sahib and not anywhere outside.
Eligibility criteria for booking Carterbor Corridor
Pilgrims can register online only. To do this, they must be either citizens of India or possess an Indian Overseas Citizen Card (OCI). OCI cardholders must keep valid passports for their country. Indian pilgrims must obtain valid Indian passports.